Struggling with moderate or permanent dental discoloration? While teeth whitening may no longer be an option, veneers certainly are! With thin, durable shells of porcelain, your cosmetic dentist can conceal stubborn and unsightly stains in just a few visits. But once they are in place, will you have to stop drinking dark-colored beverages, like coffee? Keep reading to learn the answer.
So, Is Drinking Coffee with Veneers Allowed?
In short, the answer is “yes.” You can drink coffee with veneers. Even better, high-quality materials like porcelain are significantly more stain-resistant than your natural teeth. Of course, it’s still a good idea to exercise caution since they can discolor over time and with enough exposure.
The Smile-Friendly Way to Drink Coffee
While you don’t have to give up coffee for the sake of your gorgeous smile, you should make a few tweaks to protect it. Here are a few:
- Use a straw to prevent the liquid from touching your teeth
- Sip on water simultaneously to help rinse away the coffee
- Brush your teeth about 20 minutes later with a soft-bristled toothbrush and toothpaste
6 Additional Tips to Keep Your Smile Stain-Free
Whether you have one veneer or twelve, it’s important to do your part to keep them in pristine condition. Luckily, this doesn’t involve a cumbersome oral hygiene regimen! Instead, you can use the same best practices you use to keep your natural teeth happy and healthy, including:
- Brush your teeth for a full two minutes twice a day
- Floss and rinse with mouthwash daily
- Visit your dentist for a checkup and cleaning every six months
- Quit unhealthy dental habits, like smoking
- Keep your consumption of hard-colored foods and beverages to a minimum
- Don’t eat sugar in excess to help prevent cavities
After investing your valuable time and money in veneers, the last thing you want is for them to discolor. The good news is that you can keep them nice and bright without having to give up coffee. Just indulge in a smile-friendly way and keep the above best practices in mind!
About the Practice
At Denton Dental Center, you’ll find an experienced team, a state-of-the-art dental office, and a commitment to customer service. So, whether it’s time for your routine checkup or you’re interested in transforming your smile with veneers, you can have peace of mind knowing you’re in the best of hands. If you have a question about what you can and can’t do with veneers or you want to schedule a consultation to find out if you’re a candidate, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team via our website or by phone at (940) 383-3300.